Monday, February 25, 2013

Funny Story Monday

I thought that I would start something new.  I don't really have a signature blogging day so I figured that I would just make one up.  I have a funny story to tell about today and it dawned on me that I could do this every Monday.  Who doesn't need to laugh on a Monday of all days?  We'll see how long it lasts.  Today's story:

I work for a mentoring organization and I was matching a kid with a mentor today.  When I asked him what were some things that he wants to do with her, he shared that he would like to play outside and learn soccer.  This was a pretty normal response.

But when I asked him what some indoor activities were that he'd like to do with her, he cocked his head to the side and made a deep thinking face.  Then, with a lot of excitement and enthusiasm, he said "I could run down the hallway and scream 'The British are coming. The British are coming.' Just like Paul Revere."  Hmm.  I can honestly say that I never would have thought of this.

Happy Monday!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The really funny thing is that he was totally serious.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gave me a laugh. Throughout history, races have sometimes been the good guys and sometimes the bad. I'd forgotten the story of Paul Revere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when kids become the teachers!

      Delete
  4. My question is who wouldn't want to run around shouting that? I think I might do that next time I go to Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if I see a woman running around our Wal-Mart shouting "The British are coming. The British are coming," I promise that I'll introduce myself:)

      Delete
  5. Kids are so entertaining. Adults need to get their "kid spirit" back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I wish that I had "kid energy".

      Delete