Saturday, December 28, 2013

Who Moves During the Holidays?

Christmas morning was me on my computer, listening to my husband snore. Our tiny tree was lit and illuminated the chaos of the upcoming move. We're sleeping in the living room while surrounded by boxes, lamps, a carpet cleaner and lots of stuff. Next came cinnamon rolls and coffee while we watched A Christmas Story. Then packing and cleaning. Amazing friends invited us to share in their Christmas tradition and we all ate Chinese food together, told stories, laughed and drank wine. It was wonderful.

Christmas is over and we're still moving. There are less boxes as well as furniture. I'm sitting in a camp chair as I write. I keep thinking about my comfy sofa that is already in our new house. I bet that he misses us. I sure do miss him. The carpet cleaner is next to the TV. Vehicles are packed and waiting for the final trip to our new home on Monday. I said my goodbyes at work. I am ready for change.

I am excited about the move, my new job, our new city and the 1950's home that my family will be moving into. I am thankful for the blessings in my life. For new opportunities and to be moving to such a beautiful area in Florida. God is so good.

I am worried about my dog. He's 16 years and 4 months old. Over the past few months he's become more and more blind. I think that he gets around by memory more than sight. I have no idea how he will make this transition and I am praying that he does well. Even though I am worried about him, I am also so thankful that he is still a part of our lives after such a long time. He's still happy, absolutely loves to eat and barks at people who walk past him as he sunbathes on our balcony. Floyd is an awesome old dog.

Christmas was different this year. I didn't see family. My husband and I did not buy any gifts for anyone. It's a Wonderful Life accidentally got packed so I couldn't watch my favorite Christmas movie. The day wasn't the coziest Christmas. It was just the way it was. The way it was supposed to be at this time in my life. God has big plans for my husband and I and we are following Him on His schedule (even during Christmas).

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Christmas comes no matter what we're doing. We don't need order, or even gifts to have Christ arrive. :-) Isn't that good news? :-) Looking forward to reaching about your new home/job. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many blessings and best wishes to you both in 2014...it's going to be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I have no idea who would move during the holidays...crazy people! Oh wait, we've done that - I don't even know what city/state we were in for NYE 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete