Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Zombie Reflections

I have recently made a decision to become fit.  I was watching Zombieland and realized that if a zombie virus ever takes over America, I would really like to stay human.  I have gained a new appreciation for fitness - I really want to be able to run away from a pack of zombies if needed.  The yoga that I practice and the walks that I go one will be really helpful if I ever need to fight off a zombie.  I need to start doing cardio as well and maybe some kickboxing.  I wonder if Darwin ever considered zombies to be a part of his theory of survival of the fittest.  It definitely has become a part of mine.

Why is it so difficult to do what we know is good for us?  I've got the eating healthy part down.  It is the exercise routine that I haven't quite embraced that keeps taunting me, though.  The opposite applies as well.  We allow so many bad things to be a part of our lives - becoming overwhelmed and stressed, worrying about money, fearing death, forgetting the simple things, letting negativity creep its way into our lives.  It seems strange that it is easier to feel guilt and regret than it is to workout.  What really matters anyway?  Isn't life is about living?  In the end, worry and guilt will get us no where.  I'd rather spend my time living a positive and healthy life.  Ultimately, that is what will keep me alive if a zombie virus becomes epidemic.       

1 comment:

  1. Girrrrl, I can relate...well not to the stuff about the zombies, but the working out. I work out 3-4 times per week, but I have to force myself, although I know it's good for me. So hang in there and take it slowly, before you know it, you'll be working out 5-6x per week! ...uh, when you get to that point, let me that way maybe you can talk me into doing more!

    ReplyDelete