- The boy I mentor did awesome last week so we had pizza for lunch today! Woohoo. He's been doing amazing and it surprises me how much happiness I feel just because he's doing his school work and behaving appropriately. I wish that I had a picture of him walking through school carrying that pizza box. He was so proud of himself for being rewarded.
- We talked while we ate pizza and I told him about a dream I had last night. There were two birds trapped in my house and I was trying to set them free. His analysis of my dream: "Well, it must mean that you are stressed out or it has something to do with your childhood". He actually said this to me. He's only nine years old.
- He loves pizza and ate four slices. There was one left and I offered it to him. He said, "No thanks. Let's share it with that nice lady at the front desk". How wonderfully sweet he is.
- Why don't I practice yoga every day? I absolutely love it. I feel so much better afterward. It alleviates any back and leg pain, it stretches my entire body, relieves stress and opens me up emotionally.
- The construction going on at my office is in full swing. It was so loud today that I tried drowning out the noise with my iPod. I just had a combination of music and drilling in my head. The noise is so intrusive - I actually feel different. Out of sorts. I've always appreciated the trade (my husband has been in the trade all his life) but I have a much deeper appreciation for those individuals who do this type of work every day.
- I entered my first photography contest last night. I did it just to do it. We'll see if it goes anywhere or if I get any more passionate about it. Maybe it will motivate me to compile a portfolio and start actively getting my photos out there.
- I've been reading a lot of A to Z Challenge posts and I get a little anxious when I find out that people are already finished writing their 26 posts. I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't. I am a procrastinator and I work best under pressure. I always have been. I've written ten posts so far - that is huge for me. I guess that I just need to focus on what works for me. I do admire all those other bloggers, though.
Monday, March 26, 2012
Monday's Random Thoughts
I never blog about random things. I try to be intentional about what I write so that it relates to the title of my blog. I feel like sharing a few random thoughts today that sort of follow-up from yesterday's post.