- It's open enrollment time and our insurance guy came to talk with us at work. As he was discussing health care reform, I couldn't stop thinking about the Thought Police and Big Brother. I'm considering Australia for a new place to live. Maybe Panama.
- I had forgotten how much I absolutely love perogies. Yum. I ate some the other night and wouldn't dare look at the nutritional content. I ate some more tonight and was very ecstatic to find out that they are extremely low in fat. Perfect.
- I'm in this Clint Eastwood phase and was completely excited to find out that there are five Dirty Harry movies. I thought that there were only four. Dead Pool and a collection of Clint's Western films recently became new additions to my household. I love how he makes a .44 magnum look like a .22 pistol.
- An acquaintance of ours was complaining about some people he knew. He kept saying that he thought they were stupid for having a baby so late in life. The woman is only two years older than I am. I felt like slapping him and telling him to shut the hell up. 36 is not that old.
- I am filled with both comfort and loss every time I watch an episode of the Golden Girls. I love this show. It's my favorite TV show of all time. I just cannot believe that Betty White is the only one left. What happens when everything we know is gone? Do we replace the things we once loved or do we just savor their memories?
- My husband stopped eating watermelon because, for some odd reason, it affects his asthma. So, I've eaten two large watermelons all by myself in just two weeks. I never thought that I would say I've had enough watermelon but I'm pretty close.
- How do you know that summer has arrived in Florida? When you walk outside and your glasses fog up.
Monday, June 10, 2013
I Guess I Needed a Break
Geez. I guess that I really needed a break from blogging. I don't have a funny story today because I just don't feel all that funny. Here's a few random thoughts, though: