Sunday, June 23, 2013

Waiting with Patience

I trust in God and I have been working on centering myself in Him. Not in the things I want or pursue. But in Him. I've come to realize that discernment isn't easy for me. I want to figure things out and know what God's plans are for me - usually on my time, not His. I read something by Joyce Meyer about God's timing and I found this statement to be both simple and enlightening:

"We prove that we trust God when we refuse to worry."

Waiting with Patience and Trusting in God
I've never read anything by Joyce Meyer before and her message really made me think. I have spent the last 36 years figuring out who I am. Myself as a woman, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a professional, a friend, a leader, an achiever and a believer. Now, it's time I start learning who I am in Christ. Maybe this is what God wants me to figure out while I am waiting on His timing.

If I weren't waiting and relaxing and trying to be patient I wouldn't have quiet in my life. The kind of quiet that is needed to reflect on these types of awakenings. It's actually pretty freeing to realize that you don't have to figure things out. You just have to be patient and trust in God completely.

Prayer: God, help me stay centered in You. I trust in You and I will wait as long as You want me to for Your plans to be revealed. Give me strength when I become weak and peace during times of uncertainty. Amen.  

8 comments:

  1. I say Amen, too. I have the same problem with waiting and worrying. Thanks, Jaime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working on letting things go the past few weeks. It isn't easy but I can tell a difference in my anxiety levels:)

      Delete
  2. Lovely. Joyce Meyer has a lot of wisdom. It seems everything about faith comes back to trust. Is God trustworthy? That's always the bottom line. If He IS, then we will strive to live our lives in that framework. If we can remember He IS trustworthy, we would have less stress and worry. We're just so human,we are so influenced by daily concerns, and we forget that God is sovereign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Often times I find myself in some sort of struggle then stop and think "oh yeah, I can just give it to you, Lord, and let you figure it out for me" as if I forget that He's always there for me and I have to try to figure it out all on my own. Hope you're well, miss you!

    PS - Love the picture, I miss my 5 minute walk to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do this, too - forget that He's there - I'd sure worry less if I just remembered during overwhelming moments:)

      The water has been amazing this summer. I miss you, too!

      Delete
  4. I fully agree with you. I have to stop wanting and expecting things to happen on my time. I have to accept that God determines when things happen. Thank you so much for sharing your experience on my blog. I am sorry you also got scammed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so nicely written. such a revelation - to realize you have been defined by others all your life. Who does God say we are? That's a very liberating place to arrive at. Because he says we are his children. Period. He loves us just because he made us. The world will always have labels for us, but God has only one: my child.

    ReplyDelete