Monday, January 2, 2012

Fireworks & Waves

The last day of 2011 was wonderful.  My husband, Floyd and I woke up early and went to the beach to watch the sunrise.  It was cold, clear and beautiful.  Waking up with coffee on the beach is a perfect morning. 


Floyd loves the beach as much as I do.  I'm really happy that he can still enjoy it, being that he is 14 years old and not as energetic as he used to be.  I really savor these moments with him and I pray that he stays this content the rest of his life. 



After a relaxing afternoon, we headed to the intracoastal to watch the sunset.  As soon as I stepped out of the car I was overwhelmed by one of my favorite childhood scents.  It was a combination of boat motors, brackish water and fishing.  I instantly traveled back in time to my family's cottage in Michigan and I couldn't help but reflect on all of the memories I have that incorporate water.  It is so fitting that I spent December 31, 2011 surrounded by water.    


To celebrate the beginning of 2012 we watched fireworks on the beach.  We walked toward the pier where they were shooting the fireworks off but didn't make it time.  So, we sat on the beach and took in the beautiful fireworks, sounds of the ocean and amazing starry sky.  It was an awesome way to say goodbye to 2011.  Here's to a wonderful New Year.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I want to be there on the beach. I'm jealous.

    I love your sweet sweet pup too. 14 years old is amazing.

    Happy New Year!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teresa. Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete