- See a movie.
- Eat dinner. I've ate lunch by myself but lunch is different. It is more casual than dinner and it just seems easier to grab something to eat on your lunch break than go to a restaurant for dinner.
- Have a drink at a bar.
- Take a vacation. Going out of town for work is different - you have an agenda. I'd like to just drive somewhere with no plans, rent a hotel room and spend a weekend exploring a new place alone.
- Fly. I haven't flown in years and never by myself. I think that I'd do fine with this but the opportunity has never presented itself.
- Attend church. I imagine that I wouldn't have any distractions if I went to church by myself.
- Ride a roller coaster. I love riding the Hulk at Islands of Adventure. I'd like to try this one alone because I always get so nervous before I get onto the ride.
- Go to a concert. I think about concerts that I'd love to go to that my husband wouldn't particularly enjoy. Of course, he'd go to any concert for me but I could go myself and save him the agony of seeing Tori Amos.
- Swim in the ocean. I go to the beach by myself all of the time but I've never went swimming without someone else with me.
- Go camping. I'd like to actually go through the entire process by myself one day - hooking up our camper, driving it to a park, parking it into a space, getting set up and building a campfire. Then, I'd like my husband to surprise me. Who am I kidding? I love going camping with him.
Monday, January 23, 2012
Sitting on a Hotel Balcony. . . All By Myself
I'm out of town for work and at my hotel. After spending seven hours in a meeting, I'm relaxing on my balcony with a $15 mini-bottle of wine and some Goldfish crackers. Until I took my current job, I had no idea that meetings lasted an entire day. I didn't care how much the wine cost, I would have bought it if it were twice what I paid. Now that my husband doesn't travel for work, I'm not usually alone and I don't have much time to myself. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying. Sitting here, on a Marriott balcony overlooking a beautiful courtyard, I realized that I haven't done much without someone by my side. Here are some things that I'd like to try all by myself: